Home
images/12.jpg
basspro.pngcocoons.pngdiawa.jpggemini.pnggorvg.jpgkmc.pnglowrance.jpgmaxima.pngmisslebaits.pngrapid.pngriver2sea.pngsimms.pngyamalube.png

2017BassmasterClassic__BS6T9632_.jpg

Photo by: Seigo Saito Monroe, who recorded 39-00 over the first two rounds, wrote off his loss to the cloud of bad luck that’s hung over him all season. He had several things go against him at Mille Lacs, but things seemed to be turning around at Pokegama until today. 

“There is no description for it,” he said. “It’s just a continuation of everything that’s happened to me this year. Everything went perfect until today and the last two hours. When you lose three good ones and you haven’t lost any … I changed jig heads and put fresh ones on. Nothing changed. Yesterday, every smallmouth made it in the boat. Today, I lose three, so it’s just numbness.”

He was concerned about the effect the storms would have, especially on the smallmouth. 

“I was worried because the storms were so severe with thunder and lightning – everything that make smallmouth not want to bite,” he said. “There were times it got flat calm and they didn’t want to bite. Then the wind picked up and they’d bite.” Read more